saturday, december 14th, 9:30pm @ nomad world pub (minneapolis)
cheers QUEERS….it’s time to be merry and gay!! come heat up the dance floor december 14th @ GRRRL SCOUT! girl named jane is back, leading our troops through another night filled with tinsel & tunes. the first 30 people will receive a special holiday treat from the smitten kitten and 3 lucky winners will be chosen for an extra special GRRRL SCOUT surprise courtesy of rodeoh, smitten kitten and suzy tie maker!!!
GRRRL SCOUTS are always prepared!! drink responsibly and ride safe. use your Uber GRRRLSCOUT promo code if you haven’t yet. It expires 12.31.13. travel light if you can but the nomad will be offering a coat check for $3.
no more waiting at the bar, because we have a beer tub folks!! with a selection of delicious PBR, mich golden and strongbow. jeep in mind this is cash only.
the nomad world pub
501 cedar ave, minneapolis, MN 55454
time: 9:30 pm-2 am
cover: $6/ 21+
drink specials: thin mint/girlscout cookie shot
smitten kitten: https://www.smittenkittenonline.com/
suzy tie maker: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SuzyTieMaker
wingmaam asked: Hi! My name is Dana and I'm part of a group of lesbian women who developed a FREE social and dating app for LGBT women, called Wing Ma'am. I'm not sure if you only post photos, but I'm wondering if you could post this blurb on your page for girls to check out! Thanks ☺ “Wing Ma’am is the free social app to everything lesbian. Find your princess charming, or some new friends, and stay in the know with categorized LGBT events. You can even start your own events! Like us at facebookcom/wingmaamapp”
cool! check this out, y’all!
I’m Laura! I’m 17 years old and a senior in high school. I like cats and pretty girls. Come talk to me? Maybe we’ll go somewhere c:
Anonymous asked: what are some places you'd recommend to someone visiting minneapolis? what about restaurants? how is the queer bar/club scene? :)
I love this question! I’m glad you asked. I did really try my best to cut down but these are my all-time favorites.
I’m going to split these up into sections for easier navigation… I’ll also note that I’m only going by places I’ve actually been to or my friends have (and gave great reviews for).
- Seward Cafe (2129 E. Franklin Avenue) - fantastic and friendly cafe. super veg* friendly. you’ll probably see a ton of cuties here as well.
- Verdant Tea Room (2111 E. Franklin Avenue) - a quiet and relaxing place to have a cup of tea or share a pot with a friend. last time i went i had iced chai and a vegan & gluten-free chai spice donut (yum). the employees are super helpful and friendly.
- Moose & Sadie’s (212 N. 3rd Avenue) - a really cute brunch-y place (named after a dog and a baby!!!!!) i love the huevos rancheros and chai here. they’re pet/child-friendly and have some gluten-free and veg* options.
- MyBurger (there’s one in Calhoun, Downtown, and Stadium Village) - if you’re aching for a burger, they’re better than your average fast food. they also deliver if you’re downtown!
- The Bachelor Farmer (50 N. 2nd Avenue) - very much on the pricey side (i only get to go as a birthday gift from my parents) but worth it if you can afford it. think rich, scandinavian hipster.
- Lush Foodbar (990 NE Central Avenue)- this place turns into a bar/club at night but has amazing brunch on the weekends. great if you plan on getting day drunk and staying all night as it’s kind of out of the way (they’ve got $7 bottomless mimosas).
- Izzy’s Ice Cream (1100 S. 2nd Street) - ugh, izzy’s has a lovely variety of ice cream flavors for all your sweet tooth needs. there’s even a widget on their mobile & desktop site that lets you see which flavors are in-store so you don’t waste a trip to find out your fave is gone!
- American Burger Bar (825 Hennepin Avenue) - wandering downtown and hungry for a delicious milkshake??? you can get a cupcake blended into it. or even add a shot of kahlua (or any other shot you are curious about). mmmmm.
- Lush (990 NE Central Avenue) - same place as above. fridays are blush fridays (supposedly a lesbian night but lush always has a mixed crowd when i go). great deals every day of the week, they currently have bingo and karaoke and all kinds of things. it’s always a fun time. 21+, no cover, good drinks, a sizable place to dance, plenty of places to socialize, and a nice outdoor firepit for y’all smokers.
- The Gay 90’s (408 Hennepin Avenue) - the place everyone needs to go to at least once (but is overwhelming to say the least). it has 2 floors (you can access the elevator by asking any of the security people inside, they’re super nice once you get past the look of intimidation) it’s got 6 bars and many themed rooms. my favorites are the hip hop floor (best music), the retro room (so many poles for you to dance on), and the la femme lounge (for the drag show). they’re also known for having a lot of foam parties. most nights are 18+ but check the site or call just to make sure.
- The Saloon (830 Hennepin Avenue)- another option if the other’s aren’t really you’re thing. they sometimes have shower contests (yes, shower. contests.) and every wednesday is bob’s bear bash (cubs and otters welcome). sometimes 21+, sometimes cover.
- Ground Zero Niteclub (15 4th Street NE) - for you kinky folks out there, saturday nights here is the place to be. 18+, bondage, and electronic/dance music.
- Soul Friday & Berlin @ Hell’s Kitchen (80 S. 9th Street) - i haven’t been but have been invited over and over and STILL haven’t made it. there’s always something. BUT I’LL MAKE IT SOMEDAY. soul friday (every 1st friday of the month) is the best old school, r&b, old and new hiphop, house, etc. dance party for QPOC. 21+, $5 cover. and then there’s berlin (every last saturday of the month), the queer indie revolution. you won’t hear ANY top 40 tracks here. 21+, $6 cover.
Other Things To Check Out That Aren’t The Mall of America:
- Minneapolis Farmer’s Market (North Lyndale & Nicollet Mall) - pretty self-explanatory, always wonderful!
- The Walker Art Center/Sculpture Garden (1750 Hennepin Avenue) - if you like art, you’ll like the walker. heading over to the sculpture garden is a must after you see the exhibits. snap a selfie next to the big spoon and cherry!
- Loring Park - across the way from the walker, it’s a nice stop after walking through downtown for a picnic or just to sit and read. twin cities pride is held here too, so get to know it!
- The Guthrie Theatre (818 S. 2nd Street) - even if you don’t have tickets to see a show, it’s worth going in to see the ‘endless bridge’. just ask anyone around the area or an employee inside the building and they’ll know what you’re talking about. it’s a gorgeous view of the mill city ruins and the stone arch bridge (which you should also take a walk through!)
- Intermedia Arts (2822 Lyndale Avenue S.) - if you’re into the arts, they’ve got a ton of stuff going on all the time. right now they’re having a political theatre festival (ending soon!) last time i went for a slam poetry open mic. check out their upcoming events!
- Minnesota Machine - the local women’s tackle football team! go watch a game or two or maybe you wanna’ try out yourself.
- Minnesota Roller Girls/Northstar Roller Girls - the 2 local roller derby teams. GO. SEE. THEM. NOW. check out their websites for a schedule of their bouts.
- NiceRide - stop by one of the many niceride bike stations and rent a bicycle, easy.
I certainly hope this was helpful! Let me know how you like or don’t like any of these places. Feedback is welcome. <3
Hi! I am a very laid back, sweet person that loves to laugh/giggle and spend time with that special someone. <3 If you want to know anything please ask me!!! (:
Submitted by http://mickyalexvstheworld.tumblr.com/
I’m making a short documentary about the lives of trans*, genderqueer and gender non-conforming people of color. I want this to be a exploration into what Trans* POC think about transition, style, being trans* (umbrella term) and any discrimination or racism feel in the community by other queer or trans* folks.
If you’re in the Richmond, Va are and interested in being interviewed please email me or tumblr message me (mickyalexvstheworld.tumblr.com). Or just reblog this post to help me out.