Hello! I am Patricia (they/them, ze/zer). I live in St. Paul, and I am here for at least a year with the Lutheran Volunteer Corps program, working at a LGBT non-profit site. I am looking for other awesome queers to hang out with. Feel free to message me on Tumblr (mustachequeer.tumblr.com) or find me on OkCupid (Ocean_LeaF) or on Fetlife (mustachequeer). Thanks! I am looking forward to learning more about this awesome state, and meeting new friends along the way!
Hi! I’m moving to Minneapolis at the end of this month for school and I’m really looking for some friends who accept me for being bigender. :)
Anonymous said: are there any queer things to do during the month of august? :)
yeah!!!! here are just a few things to look forward to this month~ (all links are to facebook pages)
AUGUST 9TH - SATURDAY
- twin cities autostraddlers photo scavenger hunt - 1pm. free event. meet at the sculpture garden where you’ll form teams and start on the adventure! ****there MAY be alcohol/tobacco at this event
- grrrl scout: queer dance party - 9:30pm-2am. nomad world pub (501 cedar ave south, minneapolis, mn 55454) $6, 21+. *****there IS alcohol/tobacco at this event
- you better work: queer, trans, and feminist workers’ stories - 2pm at madame (3401 chicago ave south, minneapolis 55403) a presentation and zine release of stories by queer, trans*, and women workers of dealing with shit on the job. ******there is NO smoking at this event
AUGUST 12TH - TUESDAY
- anoka youth pride - 4:30pm-8:30pm. coon rapids dam regional park
AUGUST 14TH - THURSDAY
- fargo-moorhead pride - goes until the 18th (monday)!!
- all ages bowling - 6pm-10pm. all star bowl (309 17th st. north, moorhead) $5 per person. families and youth encouraged to attend.
AUGUST 15TH - FRIDAY
- how do you do health: lgbtq health fair - 12pm-5pm. walker community united methodist church. free yoga, zumba, resources, photobooth, a raffle with prizes, and more. ***they are also having a food and clothing drive at this event. if you are able to, please bring gently worn clothes and canned or non-perishable food items. *****there is NO alcohol/tobacco at this event
- youth drag show - 9pm-midnight. doors open at 8pm. under 21, $5, over 21, $10. at studio 222 (222 broadway north, fargo) ****there MAY be alcohol/tobacco at this event
- dragged out! - 9:45pm-2am. 1415 university ave west, saint paul, minnesota 55104). drag shoooooow featuring rufio crow, ethan prince, andre 1000, damin d’luxe, and xavier. with special guests raj, nadi a’marena, nocturna lee mission, and harrie bradshaw. ****there MAY be alcohol/tobacco at this event
AUGUST 18TH - MONDAY
- twin cities habitat for humanity rainbow build twin cities habitat for humanity rainbow build - 8:30am-4pm. duties may include insulation, drywall, painting, flooring and installing cabinets and countertops. no experience is necessary. twin cities habitat provides all training, supervision, equipment and materials. volunteers are required to stay on-site for the full day; 8:30am—4:00pm. please plan to bring your own lunch. *****there is NO alcohol at this event
AUGUST 21ST - THURSDAY
- tongues untied kick-off: meet outfront minnesota’s qpoc organizer - 5:30pm-7pm. applyby hall, room 41 - U of M twin cities (128 pleasant st. southeast, minneapolis, mn 55455) free event. conversation on building authentic relationships,sex/relationship positivity and being intentional about systemic issues that impact queer people of color.
AUGUST 24TH - SUNDAY
- twin cities autostraddlers summer brunch - 8/24/14 (sunday) at 12pm. lake harriet bandshell (4135 west lake harriet parkway, minneapolis, 55409) free event. bring a brunch dish to share or just bring yourself, whatever you are able! ****there MAY be alcohol/tobacco at this event
AUGUST 29TH - FRIDAY
- duluth-superior pride - 11am-7pm, bayfront park
TBD (but sometime at the end of the month, check back on the facebook page for more information!)
- minnesota queer trans people of color monthly needlework circle - come hang out, learn or teach someone how to knit, crochet, embroider, etc.!!!
Jay, 18, Twin Cities
I’ll be going to school in Minneapolis this year, so I’d love to find some people to talk to in the area
Student at the University of Minnesota. Queer. Single.
Hello, I’m Ravyn/Katherine! :) 19 Years Old / Pansexual / Demigirl (Female Pronouns, Please)! :)
I’ve been meaning to submit something to this blog ever since I moved back to Minnesota (in December), but since it’s PRIDE month, I figured I may as well submit something now! :)
I’m looking for other snazzy queer people to befriend! :)
http://ravynlarue47.tumblr.com/ <— My blog! :)
This is the official Facebook page for the Minnesota Queer and/or Trans People of Color Needlework Circle.
Like and share our Facebook page for updates and event information for upcoming meetings!!!
there are TWO separate programs so go to whichever one you prefer or go to both!
every friday until august 15th, 2pm-3pm @ meet at powderhorn park near the corner of 32nd st and 14th ave
join us for an hour of FREE yoga! we will have mats if you don’t have one! led by jay jahmia masika (he/him & they/them pronouns). jay masika is a black/choctaw queer and trans-identified youth worker, mentor, and nerd. they completed their 235-hr yoga teacher training with matt and jaina portwood of radiant life yoga this past spring after finding that yoga helped heal physical and emotional trauma that he carried. their desire as a yoga teacher is to hold space for individuals that allows folks to heal and connect with their bodies that is framed in a way of “listening to your own body.” jay also is aware that studios are often inaccessible due to systems that do not honor various body types, abilities, race, class, and experiences. he invites individuals to listen to what their body needs, engage in self-study, and dig deeper when the individual is ready.
sponsored by shiftmn, tysn, and reclaim
every 2nd and last friday of every month, 6:45pm-7:45pm @ embodied health, 2506 university ave w, st. paul (at intersection of I-94 and hwy 280)
connect deeply with your body/mind/spirit and join with friends for a GLBTQ yoga class with a queer teacher. practice yoga without concern that others won’t understand your gender or presentation. improve your physical and mental health with yoga! this practice is for you if you identify as gay, lesbian, bi, trans, and/or queer. all are welcome; all levels and no yoga experience required.
call us at 651-235-8254